Friday, July 30, 2010

White & Gold Pizza

For the last few weeks, I've been on this pizza kick, but wanting to make them at home.  So a few weeks ago, I stocked up on some refrigerated pizza crust just so I can make whatever kind of pizza that tickled my fancy, whenever I felt like it. 

Well, since Malu and I are having another movie night, I thought it was a perfect evening to try this pizza recipe that I found in a Kraft Philadelphia cookbook.  It's called the White & Gold Pizza and instead of using red marinara as a sauce, you use Philadelphia Cream Cheese!  And then, it's topped with cheese and carmelized sweet onions to make a sweet and savory pizza that we both thoroughly enjoyed.  It was delicious!

~White & Gold Pizza~
by Kraft Philadelphia Desserts and More (Vol. 24)


Ingredients:

3 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 lb. frozen pizza dough, thawed (I used the one in the can--Pilsbury brand)
1 large clove garlic, minced
4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg). Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated romano cheese (I used grated parmesan)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

To Make It:

Heat oven to 425 degrees.

1.  HEAT 1 Tbsp oil in large skillet on medium heat.  Add onions; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.


2.  MEANWHILE, place pizza dough on lightly floured baking sheet; pat to 16x12 inch rectangle.  Mix garlic and remaining oil; spread onto dough.  Bake 10 minutes.


3.  SPREAD cream cheese onto crust; top with remaining cheeses, onions, and crushed pepper.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.


You can make the carmelized onions ahead of time (which I did).  Cool, then refrigerate up to 2 days before using as directed.

Now, how easy was that?  Try it!  You'll be pleased with the results!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just on your family blog and had to get the recipe on your pizza! I've been looking to do something different and your recipe looks awesome:) Thanks for sharing.

Sabrina said...

Yum!!! I haven't been on your cooking blog in awhile! Everything you make is lovely!
I was thinking about the cinnamon rolls you made a ways back, didn't they have pumpkin in them???? Those looked so good!!!!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, this looks AMAZING! I'm drooling and hungry!