Now, I've never attempted to make a real Italian tiramisu before. I think it's because it's a little intimidating to me. So...I opted for a faux tiramisu recipe from a Jell-O/CoolWhip/Baker's Chocolate (Kraft Kitchens) cookbook--you know, the kinds you find with the magazines at the register of grocery stores? And not only is the dessert so pretty...it's so easy to make!
I have to admit...I made a boo-boo. I was supposed to drizzle coffee on both layers of Vanilla Wafers, but forgot to do the second layer. I hope no one notices. It still looks great though and I can't wait to taste it tonight!
Tiramisu Bowl
(Kraft Kitchens, Simply Stunning Holiday Desserts)
Ingredients:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4 serving size) Jell-O Vanilla flavor instant pudding & pie filling
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip (thawed & divided)
48 Nilla Wafers
1/2 cup brewed strong coffee (cooled & divided)
2 squares Baker's Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate, coarsely grated
1 cup fresh raspberries
Directions:
1. Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk. Add dry pudding mixes; mix wellStir in 2 cups of the cool whip.
2. Line bottom and side of 2 1/2 qt. serving bowl with half of the wafers. Drizzle with half the coffee. Top with layers of half each of the pudding mixture and chocolate. (I added half of the raspberries to this layer). Repeat all layers, starting with wafers. Top with remaining cool whip and raspberries.
Now, doesn't that look delicious?!?
2 comments:
ok, so you are def one of my new faves! Love all your posts (i looked at like 6)
new follower, if you're hopping come see me friday!
Christy Home♥Mom.com
I love how you organized your cookbooks. I'm a new follower as well! great blog!!
Post a Comment