I found this particular recipe on Mrs. Gambizzle's blog, Life as a Sailor's Girl. I actually found it while I was at work (I know...shame on me for doing this while on the clock) and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have this meatloaf for dinner that evening.
And we did. While Malu was at the gym, I went to the grocery store and bought all of the ingredients, although I had most at home already. When he got home, I had it all ready to go!
For those of you that love the combination of sweet and salty, why this is the meatloaf for you! And it made perfect leftovers for at least two days afterwards!
Brown Sugar Meatloaf
(compliments of Mrs. Gambizzle at Life as a Sailor's Girl)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
3/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 small onion
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & lightly grease your 5x9 inch loaf pan with butter.
2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4. Sprinkle more brown sugar on top of meat. I also put a good layer of ketchup on top, just for good measure :)
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
I'm not a picky eater and I pretty much like anything and say that just about every dish is delicious. This meatloaf is no exception...it was fantastic! You'll love it!
2 comments:
That looks so good! I will have to try it out this week. Thanks for sharing! :]
Yummy recipes! I think I am hungry because I want to make and eat everything right now! Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment