I used fresh veggies for this soup--carrots, onions and celery--and added some herbs and spices to include fresh cilantro, cumin and crushed coriander seeds. It was quite fragrant and delicious, especially with the chicken breast I shredded and threw into the pot. What was cool about this soup was that Ina had me cutting flour tortillas into 1/2 inch strips and adding them to the soup to act as noodles. I thought they were going to get all soggy, but they didn't. I served the soup with a dollop of sour cream, some shredded mozarella cheese (since it's the only cheese I had on-hand) and some tortilla scoop chips. Yum-o! The soup is even more delicious as leftover. It was enough to feed me for about three days straight! If you want the recipe, please click here. Forgive me, I'm too lazy to type out the entire recipe myself!
1 comment:
Wasn't that soup delicious! I LOVED it! Did you really drop out of Barefoot? That's terrible! You should try to rejoin or something.
~Cat
Post a Comment