I actually used double the pie topping, which I probably could have done without. It just made the pie more rich! As Pam said, the pie was a little runny, and I agree. But it did thicken a little bit more as it sat and paired very nicely with cool whip!
Here's the finished product! Finger-lickin' good, I tell ya! I'd like to thank Pam for sharing such a wonderful recipe on her blog. Check it out!
Blueberry Apple Pie
(Adapted from Cooks.com)
2 c. sliced and peeled tart apples
2 c. frozen blueberries
1 c. sugar (used 3/4 c.)
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. butter(skipped)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg(skipped)
2-3 tbsp. lemon juice(skipped)
9 inch pie shell topping:
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. sugar
Combine all ingredients and place in the pie shell. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes then 350 degrees for 30 more minutes. Cool for about five minutes. Serve and enjoy!
6 comments:
This looks delicious. I love blueberries!
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It went so quick, I was sad that I only got one piece. Guess I'll have to make another one soon. :o)
Yum! I usually go for store-bought pie crusts too. Its just less hassle.
I want! I need!! WOW! beautifully appetizing!!!
That pie looks amazing! I love the combo of blueberries and apples! Yum!
You know, I never would have thought of blueberries and apples together. My office partner mistakingly used sea salt on top of her apple pie this weenkend instead of raw sugar... she said it turned out fabulous! I should be more adventurous with my apple pie!
~Cat
Post a Comment