I'm obviously behind on this because I found this recipe right after Cinco de Mayo. Someone posted a link to it on Facebook and I quickly bookmarked it. Now I know exactly what I'll serve to guests whenever I serve dessert. This. Was. Fabulous. I mean, I'm a huge fried ice cream fan and almost always have it when I go to authentic Mexican restaurants. Now I can have them all the time at home without even having to fry it!
Anyways, you're supposed to mix a few cups of corn flakes and mix them with sugar, corn syrup, melted butter and cinnamon. I used Kellogg's frosted flakes so I didn't have to add any sugar. Roll some scoops of ice cream in the cereal mixture and place them in a cupcake pan. Then place them in the freezer until ready to serve. I served them up with whipped cream and caramel sauce. Yummy!
~No Fry Fried Ice Cream~
by Tablespoon ( really cool blog )
6 cups honey coated corn flakes cereal, crushed
2 Tablespoons white sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
5 Tablespoons corn syrup
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
(optional) Toppings: caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, whipped cream
1. Combine crushed cereal, sugar, butter, corn syrup. and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Shape ice cream into 3-inch balls and roll in the cereal mixture, pressing lightly to ensure that the ball is fully coated.
3. Place ice cream balls in muffin tins and freeze until ready to serve.
![]() |
| These hold very well in the freezer, by the way. A week later, we were still enjoying these! |
4. To serve top with syrup, whipped topping, and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Enjoy!


3 comments:
Oh my goodness, this sounds delicious!! I want to make this soon!
Oh my! What an AWESOME idea!
those look yummy, I've got to try that out!! Thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment