I could kiss my friend, Angie, for introducing me to one of my new favorite blogs, Our Best Bites. They have a TON of recipes as well as other craft ideas that I am dying to try. Anyway, Angie had posted (on Facebook) a recipe for chicken lettuce wraps about two weeks ago and I knew that I was going to make them. Man, I love me some chicken lettuce wraps. I love PF Chang's version best, but since I doubt I can find a PF Chang's anywhere in Europe, I figured this recipe would help take the edge off of this serious craving.
Well, it did--even if I did have to used ground turkey instead of ground chicken since the commissary doesn't sell it. I may have to go off-post for ground chicken next time. I made the lettuce wraps last Saturday. My husband raved about them. They sure were yummy and so easy to make.
{Asian Lettuce Wraps}
Click here for recipe.
The next day, I decided I still wanted more Asian food, so I pulled up a fried rice recipe (also via Our Best Bites) and paired it up with some pot stickers (that I'd purchased from the commissary in the frozen section--yeah, I was being lazy) that I'd boiled and then lightly pan fried. Oh my gosh....talk about ultimate comfort and with minimal effort. My favorite kinds of recipes.
{Fried Rice}
Click here for recipe.
Anyway, since last weekend, a close friend of mine had found and forwarded PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps recipe to me. Yipppeeee! When I make them, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turned out!
2 comments:
That looks so good...I will have to try it!!!
I made one of your posts!!!! Aren't they delicious?! I bought canned white chicken meat and ran it through the food processor, it worked great!
Post a Comment