Tuesday, March 29, 2011

~Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata~

So, am I the only dummy who didn't know that you don't just have to use breadcrumbs to bread and saute chicken?  I mean, I know about panko and your normal egg and flour coatings--but potato chips, cereal and Ritz crackers?  This recipe called for crackers.  Since our commissary (which is about a ten minute walk from our house) closed before I even started making dinner (yes, we eat late dinners), we settled for the walk to the shoppette to get any kind of cracker we could find--normal saltines.

This recipe also called for 3 huge lemons and the dish, was a tad bit more lemony than I would have liked.  Still, it tasted great and the hubs and I enjoyed it with some asparagus and cherry tomatoes.  Definitely...if you're looking for something quick, tasty and different to do with your chicken, this is it.  Plus, it's quite spring-y with all its lemony goodness.

Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata
by Kraft Foods (April 2011)


3 large lemons, divided
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
1/4 cup Kraft May with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayo
22 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed (1 cup)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chicken broth
1Tbsp butter

1.  Cut 4 thin lemon slices from half of 1 lemon; squeeze juice from remaining lemons.  Coat chicken with mayo then cracker crumbs.

2.  Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat.  Add chicken; cook 5 min.  Turn; cook on medium heat 5 min or until chicken is golden brown on both sides and done.  Transfer chicken to platter; sprinkle with parsley.  Cover to keep warm.  Carefully wipe any crumbs from skillet with paper towel.

3.  Add lemon juice and broth to skillet; cook on medium high heat 6 to 8 min or until slightly reduced; stirring occasionally.  Add butter and lemon slices; cook and stir on low heat 3 to 4 min or until butter is melted and lemons are heated through.  Serve over chicken.

1 comment:

KimberlyC. said...

It turned out good. I decided to pour the sauce in a sauce bowl and drizzle it on the chicken. Hubby was working late and I didn't want it to get soggy. It was really good, maybe that is the key next time for you so it is not lemon-overload.

I also fixed fresh beans that were lightly steamed then saute in olive oil, fresh minced garlic, and a little bit of soy sauce with roasted sesame seeds. Yummy!