Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Fun!


Yesterday, I went to a neighborhood Halloween party with Anna. The party was hosted by one of her friends. You know me lately...with the hubby gone, I'm constantly looking for stuff to do to keep me occupied and this was exactly what I needed. It was fun and there were tons of goodies, which I was able to capture on film. My apologies...there are only pictures. I really didn't want to have to bother the hostess for recipes. On the other hand, these goodies don't look like they'd be too hard for any of you to whip up on your own. I was able to devour my very on caramel apple--one of my Halloween faves, if not the fave.
If you're wondering what the heck I'm wearing...I was one of those 50's (or 60's?) sock hop chicks--complete with my husband's high school letterman jacket/sweater thingy. I couldn't find one of those small neck scarves, so I had to settle for one I had in my closet. Whatever, it's not like I was out to win first prize or anything. Now, pictures of the good stuff:

Carmel Apples....divine!

Look at these cute witch hats! Gotta love those Keebler chocolate cookies!

Cute little lady bugs made out of refrigerated crescent rolls and mini-sausages!


i think these are snakes. what a cute way to do up some hotdogs!


aww...a little spidey cake. I'm guessing a Wal-Mart Specialty. it was actually very moist and tasty!



i totally heart rice crispies treats...in any shape or form!


And there you have it! If you're hosting a Halloween party this weekend, I hope these made for some really inexpensive and easy ideas for you to WOW your guests with! Happy Halloween everybody!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, everything is so creative and so cute!

Pamela said...

Cute pics! Hope you had fun at the party. I'm totally jealous of that fat caramel apple you have!! I am so in the mood for one of those.

Sabrina said...

Im having a halloween party and these are some great ideas. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Misty said...

Those are cute. I love the spider cake with the googly eyes. And you look very cute with your caramel apple.

I so want to make these:
http://bakingbites.com/2008/10/vampire-cookies/

Windward Millers said...

Happy Halloween! I LOVE your recipes! I will be walking Waikiki checking out all the costumes, we will attend a costume contest. Aloha, Lise